The 5 Steps to Your Office Interior Refurbishment
The difference between an office furniture fit-out and an office interior refurbishment is that a fit-out is carried out in a new office, whilst a refurbishment is concerned with making changes to an existing office.
An office interior refurbishment is a big decision, one that needs lots of planning. Well-designed office furniture refurbishment can bring massive rewards to your business. In this article, we will talk about the five things you need to consider when refurbishing your office.
1. Assess Your Reason for a Refurb
One of the first things you need to do is identify the reasons and objectives for your office interior refurbishment.
Common reasons for refurbishing offices include:
- Additional space for more staff
- Creating a new meetingor collaborative area
- Adapting the office for hybrid working
- Improving facilities
- Creating a fully open-planoffice or building extra rooms
- Creating a greener office, making efficient use of energyand showcasing a responsible attitude toward the planet’s resources
- Optimisation of space
- Attracting the best employees
- Brand identity and improving a company image
Whatever the reason, any refurbishment decision requires careful thinking. With the right office furniture specialist company, you can achieve all your goals. You can create an effective working atmosphere that’s calm and relaxed, one that encourages collaboration and boosts creativity.
At BT Office Furniture, we will listen to your requirements and needs in order to help you achieve the best office refurbishment possible. Such carefully thought-out refurbishments using commercial office furniture can:
- Increase productivity andprofit
- Reduce capital andrunning costs
- Reduce sickness andabsence
- Increase the efficiency of spaces
- Reduce attrition
- Increase staff well-being
- Attracts new clients or customers
- Increased health and safety
It is important that you carefully consider how much your office furniture refurbishment is likely to cost and/or what your budget is. It is always a good idea to have a contingency for unforeseen challenges, as there are often things that you may want to change or incorporate along the way.
3. Choosing Your Fit-Out Specialist
A good office interior refurbishment specialist should be able to help you to create your perfect workplace. It is important to look at companies that have considerable experience in a variety of projects, from assessment to design and installation.
Here at BT Office Furniture, we have managed hundreds of successful office furniture refurbishments, from the early stages of project planning through to installation. We have a proven track record of office space planning projects of different sizes and many of our clients have worked with us for a number of years. Whenever you are ready, our friendly staff can advise you from the get-go, and help you cost out your ideas.
4. Space Planning
Office space planning is often one of the most exciting parts of the refurbishment process. The space planner will work to meet your requirements, refining and improving details until you are satisfied with the design. Visualisation is key. By using 3D drawings and realistic colour renders, you will be able to see exactly what the space will look like long before any work begins.
5. Fitting and Installations
Commercial office furniture can be heavy and tricky to install. Having a professional team of installers will help you to ensure that your furniture is installed safely and securely. Here are just a few of the reasons for ensuring that you use professional installers:
- They are experts in their field – they know what they’re doing
- They will verify each detail about a task and make sure everything is ready before beginning work
- They will know all about the different furniture pieces they are installing
- They will be able to consider the best installation sequence for each piece of furniture depending on its style and size, always considering the finished plan
- They will handle the delivery from the manufacturer, checking everything has been received as ordered and is fit for purpose
- They will carry out the installation, according to the agreed plan and requirements, using the correct tools and equipment for each task
- They will ensure that all the parts are assembled correctly and safely (items such as shelving units and cabinets can pose a risk to employees if they are not properly installed)
- You will be assured of no damage to walls, flooring, existing or new furniture
As an experienced office furniture company, our team of professionally trained installers has extensive product knowledge and expertise. We can ensure your new office space is transformed efficiently and safely.
BT Office Furniture
Refurbishing an office using commercial office furniture is a great opportunity to effect positive cultural change in the workplace as well as improving business performance. It can help increase staff productivity, staff morale and staff retention.
At BT Office we have more than 50 years combined experience creating and designing beautiful offices of all shapes and sizes. We work with some of the market’s leading manufacturers, such as Orangebox, Boss, Pledge, Verco, and Quadrifoglio.
We pride ourselves on our open and friendly approach to the office interior refurbishment and design process. Why not request a free office space planning assessment today? Call us on 0800 298 7033 or e-mail us at [email protected].