The Ultimate Guide To Choosing An Office Desk Chair
If you work in any environment where you spend time at a desk, you’ll understand the importance of finding a commercial office chair that perfectly meets your needs. After all, the average office worker spends approximately seven hours a day working at their desk, meaning your choice of seating arrangements will be hugely important. Fortunately, if you’re on the hunt for an ergonomic office chair that’ll boost your productivity and well-being, you’ve landed in the right place. We’ve created the ultimate guide to choosing the right office desk chair.
The Types Of Office Desk Chair
Office desk chairs come in all different shapes and sizes to suit a diverse range of occupations, health needs, and workplaces. This includes ergonomic office chairs, which are developed to prevent soreness and improve posture, through to unique options such as drafting chairs, designed for architects and artists who often need to stand while they work.
The main types of commercial office chairs include:
- ErgonomicDesk Chairs – designed to prevent back conditions and cervical spondylosis
- Mesh Office Chairs– offering incredible breathability
- Balance Ball Chairs– help to engage your core on a short-term basis
- Drafting Chairs– perfect for standing while you work
- Executive Office Chairs– for ultimate comfort and style
- Leather Office Chairs– available in either faux leather or real leather
- Kneeling Chairs– perfect for addressing short-term back pain issues
- Saddle Chairs– ideal for improving posture and strengthening your core
- Active Sitting Chairs– designed to improve movement while you sit
- Sit-Stand Chairs– support your body when both standing and sitting
Adjustable Chairs – perfect for taller people or those with different needs
Choosing An Office Desk Chair
Office desk chairs are part of the décor in any office environment. When looking for a commercial office chair, there are several key factors to consider including:
- Support– is there enough support to cater for your ergonomic requirements?
- Style– does the style of chair suit your workplace?
- Material– is the material of the chair durable and compatible with the environment you work in?
- Adjustability– can the chair adjust to suit your needs?
- Wheelbase/mobility– does the office desk chair offer the mobility you need?
- Seat depth and width– is the chair the right size?
- Cost– is the chair within your budget?
Commercial Office Chair Options
At BT Office, we have a wide range of desk office chairs to choose from. View the options below and the find best solution for your needs.
Computer Desk Chairs
Computer chairs, task chairs, and operator chairs are found in a whole host of different office spaces. Here at BT Office, all of our office computer chairs feature gas lift height-adjustable chair control mechanisms. Some models also offer more advanced features, including memory foam seats and lumbar support for improved comfort.
Draughtsman’s chairs are expertly designed for moving and standing. They are commonly found in office environments where workers need to stand for prolonged periods of time. With wheels, glides, and castors at their bases, they make moving around from bench to desk even easier and have foot rings at their bases that also help with balance and comfort.
Ergonomic Office Chairs
Ergonomic office chairs are incredibly popular, especially in office spaces where workers are mostly at their desks. Designed to provide optimum back support, our ergonomic seating range has been carefully chosen to give maximum comfort, even when sitting for prolonged periods. They are suitable for heavy 24-hour use and feature multi-adjustment mechanisms for even more control and comfort.
Mesh Office Chairs
Offering an incredible amount of breathability, mesh back office chairs offer the ultimate comfort solution, providing unparalleled lumbar support and helping you stay cool and comfortable when working.
All of our ergonomic mesh chairs have aerated backs that mould to the shape of your body and help to regulate your temperature all year round. They are also available in a wide range of fabrics and colour
Executive Office Chairs
Designed to look great in any space, our range of executive chairs offer a perfect touch of luxury to any workplace. At BT Office, our executive office chairs come complete with a wide range of ergonomic features including tilt and lock mechanisms, high-quality casters, 360-degree rotation, lumbar support, and padded arms.
Some of our models also feature headrests and have high backs with built-in padding to help minimise the likelihood of back pain when sitting for extended periods.
Office Desks Chairs From BT Office Furniture
If you’re looking for a specific type of commercial office chair for your workplace then we have plenty of office desk chairs to choose from. All our chairs are available in a wide range of designs, styles, and colours, even including options with and without wheels. Our team of knowledgeable advisors are on hand to help you make the right decision on which chair is best for you. Contact us today at 0800 298 7022 or send an email to [email protected].