Choosing The Right Executive Office Desk
Every executive has a unique and important role within their company. To fulfil this role to the best of your ability, however, it’s important that you think about your personal work requirements. In short, you need an executive office desk with features that will boost your efficiency and will be comfortable to use on a daily basis. In this article, we’re discussing some of the key factors to consider when choosing an executive office desk.
Executive Desk Considerations
Before choosing an executive office desk, you should ask yourself these questions:
- Do you work in an open space office?
- Do you work in a closed office?
- Do you work alone or as a part of a team?
- How much privacy do you need?
- How often do you have breakout meetings at your desk?
- How much space do you have?
- What kind of storage do you need?
- What is your budget?
The physical space you have available is an important factor when choosing any desks for businesses. Look at your office structure and take measurements to determine where you could place your executive office desk, as well as how much space would be left over. Whether you work in an open or closed office will affect what size of desk you need, so make sure to consider the dimensions of the desk itself.
Evaluate the way you work and how much work surface you need. For example, if you use more than one monitor, you are going to need more space. If you regularly handle physical documents, consider a desk with a larger work surface or storage. Unlike most corporate office desks, executive desks usually come with storage space and extra-large work surfaces.
Think of exactly what you need to store in your executive office desk. If you are keeping sensitive documents, you will likely want under desk storage drawers that lock. If you know you need considerable storage, look out for L-shaped and P-shaped executive desks as these often come with optional filing cabinets or overhead bins.
After answering the previous questions and considering some of the key factors above, have a look at the shapes of corporate office desks available. The most common types for executive office desks are L-shaped desks and rectangular desks.
If your office includes unused corners, an L-shaped reception desk might be the ideal fit for your workplace. L-shaped quality office desks provide plenty of space for your computer setup and office supplies and are often suited to a corner space meaning they can utilise even the tightest of spaces. They are straightforward to move around, and the wide range of executive desks available means you will be able to find one to match any style or design preference. Here are some facts about typical L-shaped executive office desks:
- The two sides of the L-shape can be configured to meet your exact needs and requirements.
- You can find L-shaped executive desksin different colours, sizes, and materials, such as wood, metal, and glass.
- They can be arranged in almost any way you want them, depending on your work environment and personal preferences.
- L-shaped deskspromote ergonomic comfortability when used correctly, putting less strain on your back by allowing more space for movement between tasks and items on the desktop surface area.
- They can also be more affordable compared to other desks on the market.
Rectangular Executive Desks
Rectangular desks, also known as straight desks, are arguably the most popular type of executive desk. Versatile and straight forward, these quality office desks are seen in most traditional office setups. Here are some considerations for choosing rectangular desks:
- They provide a clean look.
- They enhance side-by-side collaboration.
- Rectangular executive desksuse less space than other type of desks for businesses.
- However, they utilise less side space or return capability in their configuration, so they may be less suited where more paper-handling is involved.
- They offer less privacy that some other desk configurations.
- Office chairs may back out into the space immediately behind the desk.
Ergonomics & Quality
Executive office desks are usually crafted from high-end materials, offering impressive looks and great durability. Laminate and wood veneers can provide stylish, modern, and cost-effective solutions. Glass and solid wood, on the other hand, offer sophisticated, high-end executive desk choices for offices that need to impress. Consider the type of style you’re looking for when choosing a desk – do you want a slick metal design or a more natural-looking wooden desk? Remember, a well-designed corporate office desk can enhance your own day-to-day wellbeing, as well as your productivity.
Executive office desks are more exclusive than standard desks for businesses. This also means that they are generally more expensive. Set a realistic budget and buy the best quality executive desk your business can afford. Investing in the right office furniture remains the best way for businesses to create productive office environments.
Executive Office Desks From BT Office Furniture
Having a comfortable executive office desk with plenty of under desk storage draws can help increase productivity, efficiency, and satisfaction. Pick from our wide range of executive office desks to create your own unique workspace.
If you are looking for a specific type, size, or colour, our team of knowledgeable advisors are on hand to help you find the best executive desk for your requirements. Get in contact with us by emailing [email protected] or calling 0800 298 7033 today!